Get Inspired at the First Annual
Sports, Entertainment and Technology Symposium
& Taste of Technology Reception and Expo
March 31, 2016 - Jabil's Blue Sky Center - San Jose, CA
Come meet and network with outstanding women about successful careers in the sports, entertainment, and technology industries. You won't want to miss these trailblazers sharing insights on how they overcame obstacles to reach their goals in traditionally male-dominated industries. Here's just a sample of the Keynotes:
- How Zebra Technologies VP/GM Jill Stelfox led the company's development of next-generation active RFID for real-time player tracking.
- Ortiz Industry CEO Claire Ortiz shares her journey from underprivileged youth to global leader in the highly competitive fashion, sports, and technology industries.
- How San Jose Giants SVP/CMO Juliana Paoli learned to make a career out of curveballs - by taking advantage of every opportunity.
- Jabil SVP/Marketing & Sales Enablement Joanne Moretti shares powerful anecdotes on the creation of the innovative Blue Sky Center - along with 10 keys to success for breaking through the glass ceiling.
And that's just the beginning. The Symposium Faculty features stellar speakers and sessions brimming with practical tips from women whose determination to achieve and succeed is positively inspirational. Panelists include:
- Heather ANDRUS, Senior VP & GM/Product Innovation, Radius Product Development
- Hillary BARNHART, Senior Director/Business Operations & Program Management, Applied Materials
- Kelly CROWLEY, Founder/Director, The ParaSport Institute
- Julie DESJARDINS, Head of Research, Athos
- Sally FRENCH, Founder, The Drone Girl
- Lisa GIANNONE, Founder, Active Care Physical Therapy
- Terri GIVENS, Ph.D., Provost and Professor, Menlo College
- Laurel HOFFMAN, Marketing Executive, Axwave
- Radhika IYENGAR-EMENS, CEO, Tanjah Partners
- Fernanda LAGO, Global Business Development, Axwave
- Beatrice LEUNG, Communications Manager, LiveLikeVR
- Stephanie MARTIN, VP/Marketing & Communications, Super Bowl 50 Host Committee
- Angela PAN, Founder & CEO, Ashley Chloe
- Leslie PIRRITANO, Founder, Elevate Charity
- Tara SCARROW, Director of Programs, Heartwood 3D
- Vicky SELWAY-SWIFT, Senior Director/Partnership Services, Super Bowl 50 Host Committee
- Jennifer SMITH, CEO, Bay Area Women's Sports Initiative
- Rosie SPAULDING, VP/Event Planning & Operations, Super Bowl 50 Host Committee
- Zoe STUMBAUGH, Professional Drone Racer
- Ali TOWLE, VP/Marketing, San Francisco 49ers
- Mary VINCENT, Founder, Green Star Labs
- Gretchen WEST, Senior Advisor, Silicon Valley, Hogan Lovells
Top off the day with hands-on demonstrations by leading-edge companies showcasing the latest in Health, Sports, Medical, Home, and Fashion technologies at the TASTE OF TECHNOLOGY RECEPTION at 5:00pm.
Come get educated. See the possibilities for YOUR future. Find a mentor. Get inspired.
There's more. For full details, and to register, visit http://www.witi.com/setsymposium/
Are you interested in boosting your career, personal development, networking, and giving back? If so, WITI is the place for you! Become a WITI Member and receive exclusive access to attend our WITI members-only events, webinars, online coaching circles, find mentorship opportunities (become a mentor; find a mentor), and more!
Founded in 1989, WITI (Women in Technology International) is committed to empowering innovators, inspiring future generations and building inclusive cultures, worldwide. WITI is redefining the way women and men collaborate to drive innovation and business growth and is helping corporate partners create and foster gender inclusive cultures. A leading authority of women in technology and business, WITI has been advocating and recognizing women's contributions in the industry for more than 30 years.
The organization delivers leading edge programs and platforms for individuals and companies -- designed to empower professionals, boost competitiveness and cultivate partnerships, globally. WITI’s ecosystem includes more than a million professionals, 60 networks and 300 partners, worldwide.
Inspire Future Generations.
Build Inclusive Cultures.
As Part of That Mission WITI Is Committed to
Building Your Network.
Building Your Brand.
Advancing Your Career.