Featured Speaker(s)Dan Houser
- Dan Houser is a practitioner who brings 30 years of experience to his presentations from knowledge learned in the trenches, and is a published author and frequent speaker at international conferences. Mr. Houser has set strategy, lead strategic projects and established EA/Security Architecture practices at several Fortune 500/Global 500 firms, including banking, insurance, finance, healthcare, retail and higher education. He is an instructor to keep children & seniors safe online through the Safe & Secure Online Program, served two terms as Officer & member of the (ISC)² Board of Directors, founded the Security MBA and co-founded the (ISC)² Women in Security initiative, which he is proud to support.
: Shannon is Sr. Manager in Application Technology at CAS. She manages the Solution Platform, responsible for building reusable shared services that enable optimization of our application delivery teams. Platform teams develop software components and frameworks that have allowed CAS to optimize the use of development resources and increased the capacity to deliver value to the business. Shannon is driven by an inherent bias for action and a passion for improvement; an example of this is the work she initiated to establish a new security function within the scope of the Solution Platform department. CAS is in the business of providing digital solutions to many of the world's largest scientific research institutions and providing secure access to our scientific data is of paramount importance to our customers. To ensure a robust, comprehensive, and well-documented security strategy for CAS' critical, customer-facing applications, she drove the formation of a dedicated Application Security Team to focus resources on improving the security practices of our delivery teams and enhancing the overall security posture of CAS internal and external applications.
: Ingy Youssef is a Senior Consultant at Nationwide whose work focuses on application security spanning a wide range of secure by design practices, security patterns & protocols design as well as threat modeling techniques & software security testing. She is a security professional who likes to build systems, break systems, research and defend systems and is dedicated to lifelong learning. With a Masters in Information Systems and over 10 years of experience developing new software, team leadership and project management, she sought to satisfy her passion in security by earning a PhD in Network Security focused on Cryptography while acquiring a wide range of ethical hacking skills and deep knowledge of systems vulnerabilities as a certified ethical hacker. Focused on rounding her expertise in security, she worked to extend her knowledge of various tools and techniques for systems defense and enterprise security architecture. Her current focus on application security builds upon her skills in offensive, defensive and foundational security to serve the developers community at Nationwide in partnership with Nationwide's Information Risk Management team. As a certified professional Scrum Master, she is a big believer in the power of collaboration and teamwork in an Agile framework and is a strong advocate of breaking silos and harvesting collective knowledge to solve complex problems.
: Connie Mathews Reynolds has been in the information security industry for over 16 years, as a trusted advisor. She recently started her own Cyber Security company, ReynCon Educational Services & Training. Passion drove her to start her own company offering Cyber Security training to help educate companies and individuals seeking to build more awareness around cyber security.
She is an advocate for representation and a mentor for women and minorities in the Cyber Security Industry. She speaks regularly to groups about opportunities in her field and security awareness topics.
Connie believes in the importance of giving back to the community, she serves as:
Activities & Affiliations
- Founding Member of Ohio Cyber Woman
- Advisor to Tiffin University's Cyber Security Program
- Key advisor/organizer for the Central Ohio Info Security Conference for over 12 Years
- Central Ohio OWASP Board Member (Application Security Group)
- Central Ohio ISSA Board Member (Information Security Group)
- Per Scholas, Columbus �" Volunteer and Mentor
- Original committee participant for the Ohio Cyber Collaboration Committee (OC3), includes the Cyber Range and Education
- Volunteer of the Year for ISSA International
- Named: 181 Top Women in Cybersecurity to follow on Twitter �" Cybercrime Magazine
- Named as Who's Who to follow in Columbus Business First
: Jana Moore is the Director of Information Security at Cardinal Health. Jana brings over 20 years of experience and has a diverse background that includes server engineering, network security engineering and information security. Jana is a Columbus native and studied Psychology at The Ohio State University and OtterbeinUniversity.She brings her depth of experience to her current position where she leads the Cyber Security Operations and Security Awareness programs for a global organization.Jana is a member of the Central Ohio ISSA and Infragard Chapters, Corporate Executive Board - Information Risk Leadership Council, Executive Women's Forum, Tech Savvy Women of Columbus, Help A Sister Up program, Advisor to Shawnee State University's Cyber Security program, a member of Cardinal Health Women's Initiative Network (WIN) and serves on the Cardinal HealthDisability Advocates Network (DAN) steering committee. Outside of work, Jana and her husband, Ryan, enjoy spending time with their son, Ryan James.
: Brian is Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for Magellan Healthcare. Brian has more than 27 years of experience in IT including areas such as system administration, software engineering, enterprise architecture, and information security, risk management, compliance, and privacy.
Prior to joining Magellan, Brian was a security architect at Amazon Web Services (AWS) where he helped a variety of Fortune 50 companies build highly secure and compliant cloud environments.
Brian is also a licensed attorney in Ohio where he has a private practice that focuses on cyber security, privacy, and computer related legal issues.