Not only do corporate leaders need high doses of emotional intelligence, but every people-oriented job demands it too! Also, whereas IQ is relatively fixed, emotional intelligence can be built and learned. Martha Geaney will provide us with techniques that help us utilize our emotional intelligence to better guide us in the work place.
About Our Speaker(s)
Dr. Martha M. Geaney has been called graceful and discerning in her approach to the transformation of American business. She has been a consultant, business developer, and speaker since 1985 working with organizations and teams to design new leadership and change management programs in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Martha’s approach brings the unique combination of extensive business experience, behavior-based performance diagnostic skills, current leadership research, individual and team-based self-discovery through dialogue and reflection.
She has counseled and worked with business leaders and teams on creative problem-solving, building trust and authenticity, servant leadership, emotional intelligence, building community and relational leadership with strong emphasis on listening, diversity, and mission.
Since 1995, Martha has been teaching, writing and speaking about leadership:
• Effective 21st Century Leadership: What do women and organizations need to do to overcome the stereotype that men make better leaders? New Jersey Organization Development Conference, May 2006.
• Appreciative Inquiry and Relational Leadership, New Jersey Organization Development Conference, May 2005.
• Spiritual Leadership and Profitability, published in Spirit at Work, January 2004
Spirituality in the Workplace, Felician College, 2004
•The Cooperation of Technology, Spirit, and Purpose, published at the International Telecommunications Union, Geneva, Switzerland, 1999
• Integrating Program Management Solutions - Steering Next Generation Management, Project Management Institute International Conference, 1997
• Core Competencies for Program Managers, Project Management Institute International Conference, 1996
BA, English and Education, William Paterson University, NJ
MA, William Paterson University, NJ
PhD, Leadership and Business Transformation, The Union Institute and University, Ohio
Event Date and Venue
This event will be held from 6:15pm on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at:
1060 Darrington Drive
Cary, NC 27513, North Carolina TBD
6:15-7:10 Registration, Networking and Dinner*
7:45-8:00- Questions and Answers
8:15-8:30 Session Evaluation and Raffle
(* Dinner included in registration fee).