Corporate Vice President
President, e-Business Services
Barbara A. Babcock was appointed a corporate vice president and president, e-Business Services, in December 1999. She is responsible for driving Unisys electronic business strategy to help customers worldwide leverage Internet technologies to achieve real business value and competitive advantage. Her purview includes research, thought leadership, evolution of the product and service portfolio, technical and sales support, and incubating new Unisys e-business ventures.
Since joining Unisys in 1994 as vice president, Commercial Marketing, Babcock has held several senior marketing, strategy development and executive roles, most recently vice president and virtual general manager, Electronic Business.
Before joining Unisys, Babcock served with Ameritech, Stratus Computer, and Data General. She also was vice president and service director for Gartner Group.
Barbara Babcock answers these questions:
1. What was your first job in technology?
2. Who has been your most significant mentor? Why?
3. What has been your greatest challenge and what strategies
did you use to overcome obstacles?
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
5. What lessons have you learned that would be valuable to
women beginning their careers in technology?
6. What new technology do you believe will have the most positive
impact on the world in the next 20 years? The most negative impact?
On the lighter side:
1. If you could have dinner with any 2 people (living or not),
who would they be?
2. What was the last book you read? What books do you love to recommend?
3. If you couldn't do what you are doing now, what profession would you choose?
4. What is your definition of success?