Cindy Nelson Dahm
Cindy Nelson Dahm is responsible for European marketing, public relations, and developer programmes for Phone.com Inc. She develops business relationships with software application and tools companies who extend their web and client/server products to support WAP access for their mobile users. In this role she has worked with companies such as Lotus IBM, Comverse, Oracle, and Webraska. She is currently the holder of two patents for microbrowser data communications and application approaches, and has authored articles on WAP services, sales and service applications, and mobile commerce.
Dahm also co-founded the WAP Forum's first Developer Group in April of 1999.
Prior to joining Phone.com, Dahm was the principal of Launch Communications, a software alliances consulting firm that provided strategic alliances services for both start-up and established software companies.
Her experience also includes 8 years at Oracle Corporation in sales and alliances. She was involved in the inception of Oracle's Business Alliance Program and was directly responsible for identifying key alliances, building early VAR partners and channel marketing programmes.
Cindy Nelson Dahm answers these questions:
1. What was your first job in technology?
2. Who has been your most significant mentor? Why?
3. What has been your greatest challenge and what strategies
did you use to overcome obstacles?
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
5. What lessons have you learned that would be valuable to
women beginning their careers in technology?
6. What new technology do you believe will have the most positive
impact on the world in the next 20 years? The most negative impact?
On the lighter side:
1. If you could have dinner with any 2 people (living or not),
who would they be?
2. What was the last book you read? What books do you love to recommend?
3. If you couldn't do what you are doing now, what profession would you choose?
4. What is your definition of success?