WITI Women | Duy-Loan Le
Program Manager for Texas Instruments
Duy-Loan Le graduated from the University of Texas in Austin in 1982
and received her MBA from the University of Houston in 1989. She
joined Texas Instruments in 1982 as design engineer to work on the
64K DRAM design. Le was promoted to supervisor in 1985, design manager in 1989,
and program manager in 1995. Currently she is program manager
for several C6X projects, including the first project for a Nokia wireless
Le holds 14 patents with 11 pending. She has received the Patent
Incentive Award for multiple years. Le was elected as a Member of
Technical Staff of Texas Instruments in 1990, Senior Member of the
Technical Staff in 1993, Distinguished Member of Technical Staff in
1997 - she is the first woman to achieve this distinction - and Texas
Instruments Fellow in 1999. She serves as chair of the Houston Women
Initiative, contributes to the Houston DSP Diversity Leadership Team,
participates as mentor for the DSP Catelog Mentoring pilot project
and is a member of the SC Technical Council. Le is also a member of
the Technical Program Committee for ICCE and has taught Junior
Achievement for many years. She has been a frequent speaker at WITI
events & IEEE's various symposiums.
Le is married and the mother of two boys. She enjoys deep sea
fishing, classical music and opera, reading and movies.
Duy-Loan Le answers these questions:
1. What was your first job in technology?
2. Who has been your most significant mentor? Why?
3. What has been your greatest challenge and what strategies
did you use to overcome obstacles?
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
5. What lessons have you learned that would be valuable to
women beginning their careers in technology?
6. What strategies do you use to maintain balance in your
7. What new technology do you believe will have the most positive
impact on the world in the next 20 years? The most negative impact?
On the lighter side:
1. If you could have dinner with any 2 people (living or not),
who would they be?
2. Define success in 10 words or less.
3. If you could only subscribe to 3 magazines, what would
4. What was the last book you read?
Click here for printer-friendly version of this article.
If you wish to be featured in WITI Women or know of someone who you want to recommend for this segment, please email David Leighton at [email protected].