WITI Women | Fran Bartlett
Founder and President/CEO
Federal Liaison Services, Inc.
Fran Bartlett is founder and president/CEO of Federal Liaison Services,
Inc. (FLS). Now in its 11th successful year, FLS dominates the market
for payroll tax compliance software and services to employers. Customers
include more than 425 members of the Fortune 1000. Bartlett has more
than 20 years experience in technology, payroll processing, tax
payments, employee compensation, electronic commerce, electronic data
interchange, enterprise resource planning, and government tax and
regulatory issues. She is a frequent speaker at national conferences on
payroll and on technology. A well-known activist and proponent for her
customers, Bartlett currently serves on the Internal Revenue Service's
first Electronic Tax Administration Advisory Committee (ETAAC).
Fran Bartlett answers these questions:
1. What was your first job in technology?
2. Who has been your most significant mentor? Why?
3. What has been your greatest challenge and what strategies
did you use to overcome obstacles?
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
5. What lessons have you learned that would be valuable to
women beginning their careers in technology?
6. What new technology do you believe will have the most positive
impact on the world in the next 20 years? The most negative impact?
On the lighter side:
1. If you could have dinner with any 2 people (living or not),
who would they be?
2. What was the last book you read? What books do you love to recommend?
3. If you were to choose a different profession, what would it be?
4. What is your definition of success?
Click here for printer-friendly version of this article.
If you wish to be featured in WITI Women or know of someone who you want to recommend for this segment, please email David Leighton at [email protected].