WITI Women | gcrowell
President and CEO of RightPoint
Gayle Crowell is the president and CEO of RightPoint. Crowell actively
directs all aspects of business at RightPoint, the leading supplier of
real-time eMarketing solutions. With extensive talents in sales and
organizational management, and a vision for how companies can develop
lucrative and successful customer relationships, Crowell has helped build
RightPoint into an industry leader and trusted partner to it's
Prior to joining RightPoint, Crowell spent more than a decade as a senior
executive in the enterprise software and call center software
industries. As a senior vice president and general manager of ViewStar Corporation, she led the successful pre- and post-merger integration activities between ViewStar Corporation and DSI, later renamed Mosaix Corporation. She created Oracle Corporation's first highly acclaimed indirect channel program and during her tenure as vice president of Worldwide Sales at Recognition International, she drove the adoption of Recognition International's Plexus imaging and workflow software as a corporate standard in more than twenty Fortune 500 companies. Crowell began her career as an educator for the State of Nevada and graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor of science degree from the University of Nevada at Reno.
Gayle Crowell answers these questions:
1. What was your first job in technology?
2. Who has been your most significant mentor? Why?
3. What has been your greatest challenge and what strategies
did you use to overcome obstacles?
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
5. What lessons have you learned that would be valuable to
women beginning their careers in technology?
6. What strategies do you use to maintain balance in your
7. What new technology do you believe will have the most positive
impact on the world in the next 20 years? The most negative impact?
On the lighter side:
1. If you could have dinner with any 2 people (living or not),
who would they be?
2. Define success in 10 words or less.
3. If you could only subscribe to 3 magazines, what would
Click here for printer-friendly version of this article.
If you wish to be featured in WITI Women or know of someone who you want to recommend for this segment, please email David Leighton at [email protected].