WITI Women | Linda Drumright
Vice President, Engineering
Linda Drumright leads DigitalThink's engineering organization in
developing the technical underpinning to all of DigitalThink's products.
Drumright came to DigitalThink in October 1999 from Hyperion Solutions
where she was the vice president of budgeting, planning and forecasting
application product development. Prior to that, she headed the tools
and applications division at Arbor Software and directed a large portion
of the SQL Server development organization at Sybase. Drumright has 16
years of experience in building commercial software products and scaling
organizations, both in process and in structure. She has managed all
functional areas and prides herself in creating highly motivated,
Linda Drumright answers these questions:
1. What was your first job in technology?
2. Who has been your most significant mentor? Why?
3. What has been your greatest challenge and what strategies
did you use to overcome obstacles?
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
5. What lessons have you learned that would be valuable to
women beginning their careers in technology?
6. What new technology do you believe will have the most positive
impact on the world in the next 20 years? The most negative impact?
On the lighter side:
1. If you could have dinner with any 2 people (living or not),
who would they be?
2. What was the last book you read? What books do you love to recommend?
3. If you couldn't do what you are doing now, what profession would you choose?
4. What is your definition of success?
Click here for printer-friendly version of this article.
If you wish to be featured in WITI Women or know of someone who you want to recommend for this segment, please email David Leighton at [email protected].