January 02, 2021
It's often too easy to waste time obsessing over the drama and minutia of things that don't really have anything to do with what we really want to accomplish. Years can fly by without using our time, our life and our gifts in the most meaningful way possible.
So one of my annual New Year's traditions is to sit down and actually write out affirmations for the future. A New Year's affirmation is more than just a "resolution" - it's an opportunity to stretch my creativity and confront areas of resistance in my life, with the knowledge that everything starts with energy and an idea.
I use this time to challenge myself - to take a look at whether the choices I am making truly sync with my values, and to reflect on my passion for making a positive difference in this world.
If you are interested in writing affirmations, here is how you do it:
1) Before you write your affirmations, ask yourself what you want your life to look like when you will be looking back at the choices you made, the life you lived. This question will help you focus on creating the legacy that is important to you.
2) Write a description of all aspects of your life as you would optimally want them to be and in the present - (examples: I hired a coach to help me more effectively handle challenging situations and look at my career options; my work is fulfilling and positively impacting many people; I am making healthy choices for my mind, my body, my spirit);
3) Read your affirmations every night before you go to sleep and every morning you wake up, so they become part of your new consciousness.
4) Keep a journal to track your progress - write down what is working and what is not, so you can look at what you want and what you are doing to make small and big adjustments.
5) Think big - think about what you can be, not what you are; what you can do, not what you are doing!
Wishing each of you a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Become a WITI Member!
Are you interested in boosting your career, personal development, networking, and giving back? If so, WITI is the place for you! Become a WITI Member and receive exclusive access to attend our WITI members-only events, webinars, online coaching circles, find mentorship opportunities (become a mentor; find a mentor), and more!
Become a Member
Founded in 1989, WITI (Women in Technology International) is committed to empowering innovators, inspiring future generations and building inclusive cultures, worldwide. WITI is redefining the way women and men collaborate to drive innovation and business growth and is helping corporate partners create and foster gender inclusive cultures. A leading authority of women in technology and business, WITI has been advocating and recognizing women's contributions in the industry for more than 30 years.
The organization delivers leading edge programs and platforms for individuals and companies -- designed to empower professionals, boost competitiveness and cultivate partnerships, globally. WITI’s ecosystem includes more than a million professionals, 60 networks and 300 partners, worldwide.
Inspire Future Generations.
Build Inclusive Cultures.
As Part of That Mission WITI Is Committed to
Building Your Network.
Building Your Brand.
Advancing Your Career.