What Does It Take to be a Trailblazer?
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Being a woman working in a male-dominated field often means breaking new ground - exploring possibilities that have never been considered before. To do this takes courage, confidence, poise, imagination and humility. Come hear first-hand accounts from a real trailblazer. Janet Horton pioneered the role of women in the Army Chaplaincy and is the author of "Cracking the Camouflage Ceiling". She'll share her stories and inspire you to break new ground and explore new opportunities.
Featured Speaker(s)Janet Horton
served for 28 years as an Army Chaplain. She was the first woman in the Army Chaplain Corps to be assigned as a Division level Supervisory Chaplain, the first woman to attain the grade of Colonel in the Army Chaplain Corps, and the first female Chaplain to attend the Army War College. She served two tours of duty in the Pentagon and prayed with casualties in the Pentagon Courtyard on 9-11. She supervised the religious support for Task Forces in Bosnia, Albania and Kosovo. She taught leadership courses at all levels of the military and at Principia College. After training at the New Jersey State Police Academy her lesson plans on Personal Safety and Rape Prevention were adopted by the Armed Forces Training Board.
Her education includes a Masters of Divinity from Boston University School of Theology and a Masters of Arts Degree in Religious Studies from Stanford University. She was selected as a Distinguished Alumni of Boston University School of Theology in September of 2011. From her studies of Divine Command Morality and the Abraham Tradition she has briefed the Military Intelligence community, Homeland Defense, the US Marshall's Office, the Defense Intelligence Agency, and Pace University in New York City on the Extremist mindset. Janet is a native of Crystal, MI and currently lives in Ocala with her husband, Jeffrey Harvey.
Schedule of Events5:30-6:00 - Refreshments and Networking
6:00-7:00 - Introductions and Speaker Presentation
7:00-7:30 - Q&A, Networking
Location & Details
Universal Orlando Resort - Human Resources Building B-111
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, Florida 32801
The Human Resources building can be found in the "Universal Orlando Administration Services" entrance, this entrance can be found off of Turkey Lake Road.
- After turning into the "Universal Orlando Administration Services" entrance, stay in the left hand lane.
- Turn left at the stop sign & proceed to follow the "Applicant Parking" signs.
- We will be in the one story building that stands in front of the "Applicant Parking" area with the large blue letters labeled "Human Resources", not the tall 3 story Administration Building (that building is about a 15 minute walk across a large parking lot).
Parking & Checking In:
- We invite you to park in the general Team Member lot area; please allow extra time to find parking.
- Once you enter the building, you will have to comply with security regulations and submit to a bag check and metal detector walk through.
- Please proceed to check in with the receptionist and a member of the Diversity and Inclusion Team will come and meet you
- $0.00 for WITI Members
- $0.00 for Non-members
Online Registration Closed