WITI presents a panel discussion on using Mentorship and Advocacy as tools to enable equal opportunity in the workplace.
Studies have shown that increased workforce diversity strengthens the bottom line and improves employee satisfaction. Thus, many organizations have committed themselves to expanded efforts to fully engage previously underutilized talent. Because WITI is a women's advocacy organization, our panel will begin with a discussion on how leaders can determine the changes required in their organizations to provide opportunities without gender bias. We'll provide tips on:
- Ways to develop strategies to reach the desired state
- Proactive measures to encourage buy-in throughout the organization
- The powerful role of mentorship in employees' long-term development
- Guidance for establishing company mentorship programs
- Best practices for both mentors and mentees
- How managers can employ mentorship programs to ensure smart career paths for future leaders
Next we'll discuss the use of Advocacy to enable change at the enterprise level, and how to coax active participation in equal-opportunity initiatives. We'll review ways in which both men and women can advocate for fair treatment and productive methods for speaking up in uncomfortable situations.
Join us for a discussion that may seem to be ahead of its time but is actually right on cue.
Featured SpeakersAmy Ghigliotty
is an accomplished technology executive with 18 impactful years of experience in managing technology teams & projects. Currently, Amy is the Director of Project Management for Site Impact of Coconut Creek,
Prior to joining the Site Impact family; Amy built her career through holding amazing positions such as, a Director of Technology for a prestigious Country Club, Director of Technology Managed Services, CTO of a web design firm, and Engineer for a Technology Forensic company.
In her spare time; Amy enjoys spending time with her 11-year-old daughter, is a huge NY Giants and Miami Hurricanes fan, plays and coaches soccer, and is an active member of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
is the General Manager of Ironhack Miami, a global coding + design school that is rethinking education. She previously led sales and marketing at LearnerNation and coached senior executives at Santander, AMEC, and Wal-Mart. Alia has spoken about startups, communications, and leadership at Refresh Miami, Carnegie Mellon University, and the Aga Khan Board for Education.
is the CTO at ChenMed. Denise's background combines an entrepreneurial instinct, in-depth technical skill, enterprise experience (IBM, Deutsche Bank, Premier Healthcare) and a strong reputation for developing, leading and motivating cross-functional teams at all levels. With 20+ years in technology as a developer, architect, and leader, Denise is a proven senior technology leader recognized for establishing the technical vision and leading cross-functional teams. She has a solid record of delivering complex, high risk, innovative projects.
An accomplished IT Executive and decisive leader of strategic technical initiatives, Denise is uniquely qualified to interface with business and technology; developing technology roadmaps and leading implementations to ensure IT investments provide the appropriate business value.
is a Professor in Computer Information Systems for the University of Miami. She is also a Professor in the Masters in Clinical Translation Science - Translational Research Program for the University's School of Medicine. Rushinek is a reviewer for the National Science Foundation and is on the Board of Governors for the Institute of Internal Auditors. Rushinek specializes in Expert and Business Intelligence Systems, Mobi (Mobile) -MOOC Massive Online Open Course, eLearning & Web Site Mobile Web SEO App Development, Computer Litigation Support, Health Informatics IT (Information Technology, Internet Security and Technologies, and Web Development.
- Business oriented IS professional with over twenty (20) years of IT security experience encompassing more than fifteen (15) years leading information security, risk & compliance teams at an Enterprise level for one of the Nation's most highly regarded Health Care and Higher Education institutions. Proven ability to build world class IS Security capability leveraging in-depth knowledge of current IS best practices and compliance regulations such as FERPA, HIPAA, HITECH Acts and PCI, coupled with personal commitment of policies and controls, in parallel with strong focus on developing and mentoring team members.